10 ways to add Glamour to an ordinary day.
Updated: Dec 16, 2018
🖤 Glamour is an energy of mystery and grace, transcending the ordinary taking us on a beautiful journey into enchantment. 🖤
Think of the subtle nature of Audrey Hepburn, Princess Diana and Grace Kelly — an unspoken allure that draws you in wanting to know more.
What I’ve come to learn about glamour is that it’s all about seeing yourself and the world through the eyes of charm.
So, if you are craving to live glamorously (even when shuttling your kids to soccer practice or doing the laundry), here are 10 ways to do it:
• Decide on the kind of world you desire to live and create it for yourself. I’m not going to wait until I live in Paris to make it my state of mind. I’m not going to wait until I’m a millionaire to enjoy the luxuries of life. And, I’m not going to wait for someone’s permission to create a life I love. I know the feeling of the world I desire to live in. Each day, I create the essence of that world for myself.
• Have an Air of Mystery. Transparency seems to be a popular term these days, giving people permission to spew their personal issues all over the web and with complete strangers. Others operate behind brick walls, not letting anyone see the real person they are. Neither is glamorous. Share enough to intrigue and inspire and not so much that you give away your own sacredness. My rule of thumb: share only when you have something valuable to offer.
• Invest in the Details of Your Life. Glamour is all about casting a spell (or feeling) into your everyday life. Artisan soaps, decadent candles, a beautiful place setting, sensual music and flowers in the home, just to name a few, are an affordable access into glamorous living. Truly, it’s often the little things that feel the most glamorous.
• Create a Secret Garden. Glamourous ladies have struggles too, which is why it’s important for every woman to have her secret garden of mentors and close friends where she can openly share in a safe space. As Brené Brown says, ““If we share our shame story with the wrong person, they can easily become one more piece of flying debris in an already dangerous storm.” Flying debris and glamour don’t go together.
• Edit Your Life. The mistake that many people make in striving for a more glamourous life is packing it with excess. Unfortunately, this leads very little space for magic and enchantment. Instead, it creates the antithesis of glamour: more overwhelm, responsibility and stress. Glamour is magnified within simplicity. Goodbye...meaningless things.
• Dress the Part. Yes, glamour is so much deeper than style. However, wearing sweat pants every day will never lead to a feeling of glamour. How you feel about yourself inside is expressed into everything you do, including how you dress. Wear beautiful lingerie, your grandmother’s pearls or anything that transcends the ordinary. And, a great pair of sunglasses whether designer or thrift store is always glamorous.
• Cultivate Your Calm. There is nothing glamorous about being a stressed out, hurried, overwhelmed and dramatic lady. Learn to breathe and be in control of your mind, not letting it control you. Get the support and tools to create this inner peace. Without it, a glamourous life will be but a dream.
• Fall in Love. The root of glamour is romanticism. A woman in love with her life is alluring and intoxicating. Her energy magnetizes people, opportunities and so much more.
• Cultivate Your Mind. Indulge your mind in the arts, culture, music, anything that inspires and expands your intellectual growth. A woman who can speak another language (even if it’s just a bit), quote Proust or go in depth about the era of Jazz will surely enrapture her audience. Glamour is about figuring out what lights you up and bathing your mind in it.
• Don’t Obsess over your Looks. While it’s important to present yourself in a way that feels good to you, it’s not glamourous to obsess over it. I’m sure you know of that woman who only focuses on her external appearance to the detriment of truly connecting with the magic of her life and others.
At the end of the day, glamour is a feeling that you cultivate from within and express it into everything you do. 🖤